2012-09-24

Strawberry Tart

When I made the crème pâtissière for the Éclair, I had made some more so I could use up some egg yolks;  this newly bought rectangular tart tin was waiting for me to use it; British strawberries were also on offer, three good reasons to make a strawberry tart, and the last one - I never get bored of strawberries + custard + tart :)

Cherie Kelly's Strawberry Tart

This rectangular tart tin totally caught my eyes, I like a tart to look different and the cut-out slices look more neat.
Cherie Kelly's Strawberry Tart

Strawberry Tart

Ingredients

80g melted dark chocolate (or milk chocolate)
100g crème pâtissière or custard
375g shortcrush pastry or Ready Rolled Shortcrush Pastry
300g strawberries
3 tablespoons Apricot jam
2 tablespoons pistachio flake for decoration (optional)

Method

1. Heat the oven to 180C. Line a tart tin with the pastry. Bake blind for 10 minutes, and then remove the paper and weights. Bake for 20 more minutes.
2. Leave the tart to cool in the tin.
3. Spread melted dark chocolate onto the tart. Chill for 5 mins.
4. Spoon/pipe the custard onto the tart and place the strawberries on the top.
5. Melt the apricot jam (I microwave for 30 seconds to 1 min), brush the jam on top of the fruits.Sprinkle the pistachio flake and drizzle some chocolate on the top.
6. Chill the tart in the tin in the fridge for at least 1 hour, remove from the tin before serving.

Cherie Kelly's Strawberry Tart

yum yum :-P
Cherie Kelly's Strawberry Tart