2013-03-01

Cake International London Competition (12-14 April)

I went ahead signing up this Cake International London Competition on my birthday without too much thought, worst case would only be losing £12.00 entry fee. Without any PME Diploma nor Le Cordon Bleu Certificate, I entered into the student (part-time) level competition class:


DECORATED CELEBRATION CAKE 
A single tier cake to be coated in sugarpaste or royal icing. Theme and decoration to be of the competitor’s choice but must include one of the following skills – handmade or piped sugar flowers, brush embroidery, bas relief, piped extension work, run-outs, modelling, air brush techniques, painting, free formed writing. Ribbons, stamens thread, wires and floristry tape permitted. No other artificial decoration allowed. Cake to fit within a maximum base size of 38cm (15”) square. Dummies may be used. 

Let's see how it goes, I think it will be fun : ) 
Cake International London Competition
Oh, for birthday, we have a special culture in my firm, the birthday girls/boys usually bring cakes in themselves, rather than other people getting the cakes, I guess it is because we have too many colleagues and we cant keep track of everyone's birthdays :-O

Instead of buying cakes this year, I made some simple ones myself - Marshmallow Mississippi Chocolate Pie, Coffee Walnut Cake and Victoria Sponge Cake. They all went so quickly :-D
Cherie Kelly's Marshmallow Mississippi Chocolate Pie, Coffee Walnut Cake and Victoria Sponge Cake